This course leads to achievement of the Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate which is valid for three years.
- The role of the first aider
- Communicating with a casualty
- Contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
Administering first aid to a casualty who;
- Is unconscious
- Requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Is choking
- Is wounded or bleeding
- Is in shock
Injury assessment, illness assessment and isolated injury assessment.
Maximum Group Size of 12 for all First Aid Courses.
Courses run every month at Bicton College. Please click on the ‘apply’ button below for upcoming dates.
Can be held at a venue of your choice for groups of 8 or more. Please enquire about our businnes packages for discounts that maybe available.
Times: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Duration: 6 hours
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.