This course is for those who wish to learn the basic skills in digital publication, develop existing ones and to demonstrate competence in the use of Adobe InDesign. There is an optional accreditation with City and Guilds.
Benefits to your business:
This course will give your employees a basic introduction to the functions of Adobe InDesign, boosting their knowledge, skills and confidence to present your business publications in an appealing and professional way. The optional accreditation will accredit your employees with a nationally recognised IT qualification with City and Guilds.
You will learn how to use the basics in Adobe InDesign to produce digital publications and be able to:
Select and use appropriate designs and page layouts for publications
1. Identify what types of information are needed
2. Identify what page design and layout will be required
3. Select and use an appropriate page design and layout for publications in line with local guidelines, where relevant
4. Select and use appropriate media for the publication
Input and combine text and other information within publications
1. Input information into publications so that it is ready for editing and formatting
2. Identify copyright constraints on using others’ information
3. Organise and combine information of different types or from different sources in line with any copyright constraints
4. Store and retrieve publication files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available.
Use desktop publishing software techniques to edit and format publications
1. Identify what editing and formatting to use for the publication
2. Select and use appropriate techniques to edit publications and format text
3. Manipulate images and graphic elements accurately
4. Control text flow within single and multiple columns and pages
5. Check publications meet needs, using IT tools and making corrections as necessary
Diversify your digital skills through our suite of Microsoft Office Courses in Word and Excel all at introduction and intermediate levels, with Word and Excel at Expert/Advanced Level.
Programs to go on to:
Moving on, you can demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of the Adobe software by completing our other Courses in InDesign, Illustrator at Introduction or Intermediate levels.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.