This course will enable you to use Word Press a software application designed for planning, designing and building websites. On completion of this unit a candidate should be able to use basic website software tools and techniques appropriately to produce straightforward or routine single web pages from pre-set templates.
Benefits to your business:
This course will give your staff the basic skills to design, plan and build websites using website software tools and techniques appropriately to produce straightforward or routine single web pages from pre-set templates. They will be able to use their skills to maintain your business presence in the digital field.
Plan and create web pages
- Identify what content and layout will be needed in the web page
- Identify the purpose of the webpage and intended audience
- Select and use a website design template to create a single web page
- Enter or insert content for web pages so that it is ready for editing and formatting
- Organise and combine information needed for web pages
- Identify copyright and other constraints on using others’ information
- Identify what file types to use for saving content
- Store and retrieve web files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
Use website software tools to structure and format web pages
- Identify what editing and formatting to use to aid both clarity and navigation
- Select and use website features to help the user navigate simple websites
- Use appropriate editing and formatting techniques
- Check web pages meet needs, using IT tools and making corrections as necessary
Publish web pages to the Internet or an intranet
- Upload content to a website
- Respond appropriately to common problems when testing a web page
It is possible to diversify with our Microsoft Office courses in Excel and Word introduction, Intermediate or Advanced levels to further extend your skills and abilities in the digital field.
Moving on, you can complete one of our Adobe software courses in Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator introduction or intermediate levels where you can develop your digital skills.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.