This is an essential qualification if you wish to construct or inspect module access towers. Predominantly a practical course, you will also learn from tutorials and the use of training films and group participation practical exercises. You must successfully pass both sections – firstly a practical session looking at the assembly of a tower as well as carrying out specific inspections and including a safe dismantling of a structure. The theory includes the work at height regulations, site inspections and procedures.
- Introduction to Mobile Access Towers
- Tower Assembly
- Safe Use of Towers
- Repositioning Towers
- Tower Inspection
- Care & Maintenance
- Tower Dismantle
- Regulations and Standards
You will also gain key understanding of the following:
- Health & safety legislation & regulations.
- PASMA Code of Practise
- Safe working at heights
- Identifying mobile access tower equipment
- Manufactures instruction manuals
- Ground and site conditions
- Sequence of erecting and dismantling mobile access towers
- Use of stabilisers, outriggers, sole pads and ties
- Moving and repositioning erected towers
- Inspection report procedure
- Multi choice test paper
- Advanced guardrails and through the trap erection
- Practical erection, moving, inspection and dismantling
The PASMA photocard provides proof that you have undergone and successfully completed training to a nationally recognised standard. Many workplaces will insist on seeing your PASMA photo card before you will be allowed to assemble, alter or dismantle mobile access towers, so it should be retained with you at all times and presented for inspection by anyone in authority.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.