Our Software Developer TechBac is designed to set you apart from the competition. It achieves this by not only giving you a City & Guilds Technical Qualification, but also the professional workplace skills needed by employers.
The benefits of studying TechBac include:
- Recognised by leading employers as ensuring you’re ‘ready to work’
- Makes your CV stand out with an impressive mix of technical skills and 24 key workplace skills
- Gives you real hands-on experience that will help you to feel ready for the world of work
- Offers UCAS points at Level 3 for progression to university
- Keeps your options open for further learning, university, employment or apprenticeships
You can also study A-level Mathematics in conjunction with this qualification.
See more about this programme at the dedicated course website: www.iamdigital.uk
You want to work in the tech sector where there is a massive growth in demand for skilled professionals.
This will prepare you, the developer, technician and dreamer of the future to be work ready, with high-level skills and real world experience through extensive industry support.
The diverse programme will cover all of these topics, with a practical application:
- Project Management
- Information Security
- Networking Fundamentals
- Digital Business Communication
- Software Development
- Event Driven Programming
- Object Orientated Programming
- Application Development
- Enterprise Technologies
- Collection & Analysis of Data
- Mobile Application Development
- User Experience
- Game Development
- Workplace Skills
- Individual Project
Learning will take place by completing projects. Projects will be based on real problems, using current technology and tools. Along the way you will build your online brand and be able showcase your projects to potential employers.
The i am digital team is made up of professional software developers and educators, alongside them you will have access to and be mentored by industry experts.
An experience like no other...
Your learning will be current, relevant and of the very highest standard:
- You make a commitment to be with us Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm for 30 weeks per year
- You will get your own Raspberry Pi 3 and starter pack
- You will be based in offices in one of Cornwall’s leading software development companies, Bluefruit Software, at the Business Gateway Centre in Pool
- No teachers! Instead you’ll be supported by a mentor and work with a range of specialist instructors, who are experts in their respective fields
Leave us with an edge: high level skills, academic qualifications and real work experience. These attributes will make you stand out from the crowd, whether on a university application or your CV.
You can progress into industry or go on to university study on a range of digital pathways.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.