This qualification is ideal for practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying or who require some update training before going on to achieve the City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations (2391-10). It is also suitable for those with limited experience of inspection and testing of electrical installations, such as those:, entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or working in allied trades.
You will need to have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or allied trades.
As part of the training programme you will prepare for two examinations, one on-line exam and one practical assessment. Topics covered will include:
- using test instruments and interpreting results
- completing test certificates including inspection and result schedules
- different types of earthing arrangements
- use of human senses
- the requirements of EAWR 1989
- the relationship between conductor length, cross sectional area (csa), and the effect of temperature on conductor resistance.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.