Under the Licensing Act 2003, anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol must hold a personal licence. In order to qualify for a personal licence, an applicant must hold a licensing qualification which is: Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) accredited, and Government approved.
Share this course with someone you know...
You are authorising the retail sale of alcohol.
In order to be eligible to apply for a personal licence a person must:
- Be 18 years of age or above
- Not have forfeited a personal licence in the preceding 5 year period
- Must not have any unspent convictions for any relevant offences in either England or Wales or for any foreign offences.
The syllabus set by the Government to enable you to understand the law in relation to:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- The unauthorised licensable activities
- The permitted temporary licensable activities
- The rights of entry to licensed premises
- The police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
A day and a half study, which will enable you to receive a national qualification.
That this qualification is recognised as evidence of your knowledge and understanding of licensing law and the social responsibilities associated with running licensed premises.
Completion of this course allows you to authorise the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises, such as: public houses, convenience stores, nightclubs, supermarkets etc.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.