Have you got what it takes to join the armed forces? Our Military Academy provides the ultimate preparation for a career in the uniformed services and is jointly supported by the Royal Navy, Army and the Royal Air Force.
We offer three options for you to start your studies in the armed forces depending on your GCSE results. Our Level 3 course offers you the choice of university study or employment on completion of your course. Our Level 2 and Level 1 courses are ideal should your GCSEs not be what you expected with the option to progress to Level 2 or Level 3.
Preparing you for a career in the armed forces is our ultimate goal. We pride ourselves on our success rates with 80% of students who pass going straight into service and the remaining 20% continuing their studies. This course will challenge you, take you out of your comfort zone and put you one step ahead of the rest. More importantly it will offer you the opportunity to find out more about the benefits of a military career before you commit yourself.
Share this course with someone you know...
You have completed a Level 2 course and would like preparation for entry to the Armed Forces.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 including English or maths, or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit, plus successful completion of a fitness assessment.
You will study a range of core modules including developing team working and problem solving; map reading and navigation; understanding health, safety and hygiene; exploring aspects of physical fitness and following a uniformed services routine. You will also undertake intensive physical fitness training, experience off campus military-based scenarios, take part in personal development activities and competitive team sports, and learn more about essential military skills such as living in the field, camouflage, concealment and survival training. As part of your training you will also work closely with HMS Raleigh, RNAS Culdrose and RAF St Mawgan and experience a three-day survival school and two five-day residential military exercises.
To gain a wide variety of skills and knowledge; including team working and leadership skills, problem solving and navigation.
Our strong industry links with the Royal Marine Commando Training Centre Lympstone and HMS Raleigh.
We also have cccommodation on campus at Bicton College and Duchy College Stoke Climsland.
The selection process for a uniformed service of your choice or University study such as our FdSc Rescue & Emergency Management or FdSc Public & Emergency Services Leadership & Management*.
*subject to approval by Plymouth University
Jamie Crisp Curriculum Lead - Emergency Services & Military AcademyJamie spent 24 years in the military as a senior non-commissioned officer in the British Army and was a specialist PT instructor as well as a senior tactics instructor, conducting operational tours around the world before joining The Cornwall College Group.
“We realised more than a decade ago that young people looking for a career in the police, fire, coastguard or ambulance services need very specific training. We therefore regularly consult with the industry to ensure our students are learning the most up-to-date skills that they need to pursue a career in the emergency services industry.”
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.