The objectives of this qualification are to:
• give learners working, or intending to work, in healthcare and social care knowledge and understanding of diabetes to support their role in the workplace
• enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
This qualification aims to:
• provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur
• develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes
• develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
• develop understanding of on-going care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
This 6 month course is flexible and can be delivered in venues across Devon and Cornwall.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.