The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
You will cover:
Anatomy and physiology including:
– the heart and circulatory system
– the musculoskeletal system
– postural and core stability
– the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adult
How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages.
All courses allow successful learners to apply to be on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS). This means that they meet strict industry standards to deliver exercise advice and/or demonstration. To protect the public, all registered exercise professionals are bound by a code of ethical practice that covers professional standards and conduct.
You will be taught by highly qualified and voacionally experienced lecturers at both sites with members of our team National CYQ Judges for their annual championships – learn from the best!
You will be assessed via a variety of methods as listed below:
- 1 x A&P Theory Exam
- 1 x Nutrition Theory Exam
- Formative, mock exams will be carried out regulary to ensure you are on track.
- Nutrition Knowledge Questions Worksheet and Case Study
- Programming Knowledge Questions Worksheet
- Personal Training Programme
- Delivery Knowledge Questions Worksheet
- Summative Observation of Practical Teaching – Practical Exam
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.