This course is aimed at anyone who requires a course in first aid for dogs. It is ideal for dog owners or dog professionals.
Understanding basic first aid for your dog will give you the skills to assist them and prevent them from getting worse before your vet gives professional help.
Students will learn how to assess general dog health and recognise any signs of poor health including how to check vital signs.
This course will run from 09:30-16:00
Please note: this course is suitable for applicants aged 19+
What You Will Learn
• Introduction and importance of veterinary services
• Learn the different causes of lameness in dogs
• Get tips on examining dogs at home
• Know the signs of dehydration and what to do
• Learn how to examine wounds and how to stop bleeding effectively
• Know how to treat burns on dogs
• Get an understanding on how to treat a choking dog
• Know what to do in the event a dog goes into shock
• Learn basic CPR on the dog
• Understand what it takes to approach an injured animal
• Learn the different tools and techniques to restrain a dog
• Drowning and near drowning first aid
• Get insight into household hazards
• Learn about poisoning and treatments
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.