Information coming soon
What You Will Learn
- Core content
- Brief review of benefits and limitations of massage and stretching
- Visual assessment of musculature
- Safety and precautions before getting hands on
- Massage demonstration
- Learn different massage techniques - hands on
- Stretching demonstration
- Practice various stretches for overall well being.
- Time dependent an opportunity to look at some muscle management tools and discuss their uses, benefits and limitations - massage pads, rugs, solarium, magnet therapy.
Due to the nature of the course you will need to be confident handling a horse including lifting their limbs. A degree of physical fitness is required as this is a practical workshop.
Please wear comfortable but close fitting clothing (overalls are ideal) and boots suitable for a stable environment. The majority of the course will be outside so warm clothing which can easily be removed during practical sessions. If you have a stool or box to stand on please bring this with you — portable mounting block or box you stand on to plait. This is not essential but it is physically more tiring massaging while reaching up.
Please note: This course is for adults 19+.
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.